What is UPI(United Payments Interface), how to use it efficiently this is what I am going to explain with step by step instructions.
NPCI(National Payments Corporation of India) announced that bank applications for the Unified Payment Interface have officially become operational, which means that UPI apps of banks can now be downloaded and used for transactions anytime 24x7x365 which means on all days and on all time.
UPI(Unified payments interface) is a payment system that allows money transfer between any two bank accounts by using a smartphone.
UPI allows a customer to pay directly from a bank account to different merchants, both online and offline, without the hassle of typing credit card details, IFSC code, or net banking/wallet passwords.
The UPI app of 21 banks(as currently) as mentioned the names below will be available on the Google Play Store of Android phones in the next few days for customers to download.
Update: Now around 30 banks are supporting UPI.
Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, Bhartiya Mahila Bank, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, DCB Bank, Federal Bank, ICICI Bank, TJSB Sahakari Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Karnataka Bank, UCO Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, South Indian Bank, Vijaya Bank and YES Bank.
- Active Bank Account
- Mobile number should be linked with Bank Account
- Smart Phone with Internet.
- Debit Card for re-setting MPIN.
Features of UPI are
1. Money transfer immediately through mobile device round the clock 24*7 and 365 days.
2. Single mobile application for accessing different bank accounts
3. Single Click 2 Factor Authentication .
4. Virtual address\ID created of customer which enhances security of your account details.
5. Merchant Payment with Single Application or In-App Payments.
6. You can request or accept payments
7. Utility Bill Payments, Over the Counter Payments, Barcode or QR Code (Scan and Pay) based payments.
Fund Transfer Limit is 1 lakh / transaction
Transaction costs are NIL by most of the banks however some bank charges a minimum transaction cost.
Main thing is that it’s a time saver and you can use your bank account directly and safely no need to use other third party sites for payments.
In my video I will be showing how to use UPI completely starting from scratch and highlighting each and every feature so that each individual who is illiterate as well can learn and use this service and become a part of mission to make India a cashless economy.
Please watch the complete video for proper understanding.
If you like my video please make me happy by sharing this post on social media and subscribing my YouTube channel