Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in Hindi – Complete Details its Benefits, Eligibility & How to Apply this is what I am going to explain you step by step.
This scheme was launched by the prime minister Narendra Modi in January 21st 2015 under the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign. Main moto if the scheme is to provide or meet expense required to educate the girl child for higher education or marriage.
- Only a girl child can be enrolled.
- Child should be citizen of India even an NRI child can also be enrolled in this scheme.
- Girl child age should not be more than 10 years.
Number of accounts
Amount to be Deposit
Tenure of the Deposit
Maximum period upto which deposits can be made
Interest provided on investment
Mode of Deposit
Cash/Cheque/ Demand Draft/ Transfer/ online transfers through internet Banking . ECS also available.
Sukanya Samriddhi Account can be closed only when the girl child attains 21 years of age. If the account is not closed and the money is not withdrawn even after the child turns 21 then the account continues to earn interest.
Sukanya Samriddhi accounts can be opened in any post office branch and in any of the following branches
State Bank of India (SBI), State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Travancore, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Patiala, Vijaya Bank, United Bank of India, Union Bank of India, UCO Bank, Syndicate Bank, Punjab National Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Indian Overseas Bank, Indian Bank, IDBI Bank, ICICI Bank, Dena Bank, Corporation Bank, Central Bank of India, Canara Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank, Andhra Bank and Allahabad Bank
Documents Required to Open Sukanya Samriddhi Account:
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Opening Form
- Birth Certificate of girl child (Account Beneficiary)
- Identity Proof of depositor (Parent or legal guardian) PAN card, Ration card, Driving License, Passport
- Address Proof of depositor (Parent or legal guardian) Passport, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Driving License
Scheme details as per government gazette
Sukanya Samriddhi Application form download