Today I am going to explain you about Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana its details, benefits, how to apply for Aushadhi stores, its eligibility and much more things in simple language hindi.
The main objective of this scheme is making quality medicines available at affordable prices for all, particularly the poor and disadvantaged, through exclusive outlets “Jan Aushadhi Medical Store”, so as to reduce out of pocket expenses in healthcare.
Generic medicines are unbranded medicines which are equally safe and having the same efficacy as that of branded medicines in terms of their therapeutic value. The prices of generic medicines are much cheaper than their branded equivalent.
BPPI (Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertakings of India) established under the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Govt. of India, with the support of all the CPSUs for co-coordinating procurement, supply and marketing of generic drugs through the Jan Aushadhi Stores.
Around 3426 Jan Aushadhi Stores opened so far. Normal working hours of JAS are 8 Am to 8 PM.
Who can Purchase
OTC products can be purchased by any individual without a prescription. A prescription from a registered medical practitioner is necessary for purchase of schedule drugs.
Eligibility to Open Jan Aushadhi Kendra
Who can Open Store
- Any NGO/Institution/Co-operative Society identified by State Governments and free space provided in the premises of Government Hospital by the State Governments.
- Any NGO/Society/Trust/Institution/Self Health Group having experience of operation in welfare activities for 3 years and having space and financial capacity OR Any individual including un-employed pharmacist / medical practitioner having space and financial capacity.
- Own space or hired space duly supported by proper lease agreement.
- Minimum required space conforming to standards as approved by the BPPI i.e. 120 sq. ft.
- Sale license from competent authority (Retail drug license in the name of the applicant and/or Tin No.)
- Proof of securing a pharmacist with computer knowledge (name of the pharmacist , Registration with the State Council etc. needs to be furnished).
- Financial capacity to run the Store supported by audited accounts for the last three years (Bank Statements for the last 03 years or sanction letter from Bank for extending loan in case of individuals).
- Aadhar number is mandatory.
- Pharma degree B-Pharma\D-Pharma is mandatory
JAS operated by State Government nominated Agency
- A margin of 16% for the JAS on the sale price of JAS is built in the MRP of each drug.
- The JAS are eligible for one time financial assistance up to Rs. 2.00 lakh as establishment cost and up to Rs. 50,000/- as one time start-up cost for purchase of computer hardware etc. to be released by BPPI directly to the operating agency nominated by the State Government, generally on re-imbursement basis supported by bills of actual purchases/establishment.
JAS operated by Other Agency
- A margin of 16% for the JAS on the sale price of JAS is built in the MRP of each drug. In addition, the JAS are eligible for incentive linked to sale of medicines @ 10% of monthly sales amount subject to a ceiling of Rs. 10,000/- pm for a period of first 12 months.
- In case of Stores opened in North Eastern States and other difficult areas i.e. Naxal affected areas/Tribal areas etc. the rate of incentive would be 15% of monthly sale amount subject to a ceiling of Rs. 15,000/- per month. Such requests for grant of sales incentives should be accompanied with a report from the concerned Nodal Officer of BPPI. The financial assistance would be directly released to the entities from BPPI on receipt of requisite information/documents.
How to Apply
- Download and fill the application form as specified
- Attach the documents as mentioned In the form
- Send the form to the mentioned address below
Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertakings of India (BPPI), IDPL Corporate Office, IDPL Complex, Old Delhi Gurgaon Road, Dundahera, Gurgaon – 122016 (Haryana)
Helpline Number for any complaints, questions or concerns
National Toll free Helpline: 1800-180-8080
List of Generic Medicines Available
Rate contracts with Drug Suppliers
Disclaimer: Above data has been taken from government website for informative and education purposes.
Please watch the complete video for proper understanding. If you like my video please make me happy by sharing it on social media and subscribing my YouTube channel