Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Online Apply this is what I am going to explain you with all details and all the steps required to apply.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) is a flagship scheme from the government of India, It basically provides agriculture insurance or we can say crop insurance to the farmers.
Main objectives of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- To provide insurance coverage and financial support to the farmers in the
event of failure of any of the notified crop(As per state govt specified) as a result of natural calamities,
pests & diseases.
- To stabilize the income of farmers to ensure their continuance in farming.
- To encourage farmers to adopt innovative and modern agricultural practices.
- To ensure flow of credit to the agriculture sector.
The scheme will be implemented by the multi-agency framework by the selected insurance companies under the guidance of Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW), Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW), Government of India (GOI) and state governments.
Participating Private Insurers
- ICICI-Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd.
- HDFC-ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd.
- IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance Company Ltd.
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd.
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Ltd.
- Reliance General Insurance Company Ltd.
- Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd.
- Tata-AIG General Insurance Company Ltd.
- SBI General Insurance Company Ltd.
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Ltd.
Scheme shall be implemented on an ‘Area Approach basis’
All farmers growing notified crops in a notified area 4 during the season who have insurable interest in the crop are eligible.
- Farmers in the notified area who possess a Crop Loan account/KCC account (called as Loanee Farmers) to whom credit limit is sanctioned/renewed for the notified crop during the crop season.
- Voluntary coverage may be obtained by all farmers
YIELD LOSSES (standing crops, on notified area basis)
Comprehensive risk insurance is provided to cover yield losses due to non-preventable risks, such as (i) Natural Fire and Lightning (ii) Storm, Hailstorm, Cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado etc. (iii) Flood, Inundation and Landslide (iv) Drought, Dry spells (v) Pests/ Diseases etc.
PREVENTED SOWING (on notified area basis)
In cases where majority of the insured farmers of a notified area, having intent to sow/plant and incurred expenditure for the purpose, are prevented from sowing/planting the insured crop due to adverse weather conditions, shall be eligible for indemnity claims upto a maximum of 25% of the sum-insured.
POST-HARVEST LOSSES (individual farm basis)
Coverage is available upto a maximum period of 14 days from harvesting for those crops which are kept in “cut & spread” condition to dry in the field after harvesting, against specific perils of cyclone / cyclonic rains, unseasonal rains throughout the country.
LOCALISED CALAMITIES (individual farm basis)
Loss / damage resulting from occurrence of identified localized risks i.e. hailstorm, landslide, and Inundation affecting isolated farms in the notified area.
Risks and Losses arising out of following perils shall be excluded:- War & kindred perils, nuclear risks, riots, malicious damage, theft, act of enmity, grazed and/or destroyed by domestic and/or wild animals, In case of Post–Harvest losses the harvested crop bundled and heaped at a place before threshing, other preventable risks.
Rate of Insurance Charges
- Land record document (for the standing crop against which insurance is taken)
- Photo ID proof
- Bank passbook photocopy
- Sowing certificate\Declaration
Crop Cutting Experiments(CCE)
Means the crop experiments that are undertaken for determining the percentage recovery in the form of dry grains or the marketable form of the produce. These experiments comprise of (i) identification and marking of experimental plots of a specified size and shape in a selected field on the principle of random sampling, (ii) threshing the produce and (iii) recording of the harvested produce.
Means per unit expected yield for a Crop cultivated on the Defined Area. It is calculated as. The claims under this policy will be estimated with the help of crop cutting experiment done in the insured area. Individual assessment will be done in the insured area for ascertaining loss at pre-sowing and post harvest stages.
Claim Documents Required
- Duly completed claim form
- Land records as per Government norms
- Certificate from certifying agency nominated by Government or authorized by the Company
- Other than Government subsidized scheme, two photographs of damaged or loss incurred area of insured
- Crop which shows the loss under the policy
Claims Payout will be given as per below formula shown
Details to be Submitted Online
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana in Hindi Official Video
Note: If below links does not work I have already told in the video how to get the below information from the first link
All Documents Related to PMFBY
Crop-State Wise Notify List
Insurance Company Wise Crop List
How to Apply
- Go to insurance companies (List mentioned above) or any nearby bank with the relevant documents.
- Complete the form provided by the institution(Bank\Insurance Company).
- Start paying your premium.
- Keep safe all the documents like receipt of seeds you purchased etc.
- Photocopy of the form submitted in the bank
- Photocopy of the sowing certificate or any relevant certificate.
Disclaimer: Above data has been taken from government website for informative and education purposes.
Please watch the complete video for proper understanding. If you like my video please make me happy by sharing it on social media and subscribing my youtube channel