IRCTC Travel insurance of Rs 10Lakh for passengers this is what I am going to explain you in Hindi, its all details in simple language.
IRCTC has introduced a travel insurance which will insure passengers traveling via train in case of any mishap will be eligible for a certain amount of money which will depend on the situation with the passenger.
This is a very good step taken by the Indian railways which will give insurance to passengers on a very minimum basis.
The premium amount is just Rs. 92 Paise per passenger(Currently while booking its showing Zero rupee) that you have to pay at the time of booking of ticket and you may get claim up to Rs.10,00,000/- in case any miss happening occur during departure of train and arrival of train at the destination station
This facility is restricted to only E-Ticket booking passengers only. I recommend all passengers to buy e-ticket from IRCTC and avail this benefit.
Death Permanent total Disability Permanent partial Disability Hospitalization expenses for injury Transportation of mortal remains
Rs. 10,00,000 Rs. 10,00,000 Rs. 7,50,000 Rs.2,00,000 Rs. 10,000
Important Points or Terms and Conditions
- The scheme is applicable only for Indian Citizens who book their e-ticket through NGeT Website Application only. Citizen of foreign countries are not eligible for this scheme.
- The scheme is optional, however if the option is exercised it will be compulsory for all passengers booked under one PNR number. (Currently on screen it was looking mandatory)
- The premium is Re. 92 paise per passenger inclusive of all taxes.(Now it’s totally free) Customer shall receive the policy information through SMS and on their registered email IDs directly from Insurance Companies along with the link for filling nomination details. However, Policy number can be viewed from Ticket booked history at IRCTC Page.
- After the booking of ticket, the nomination details to be filled at respective Insurance Company site. If nomination details is not filled then the settlement shall be made with legal heirs, if the claim arises.
- The coverage for the policy shall be for each passenger under the PNR in case of Death, Permanent Total Disability, Permanent Partial Disability, and Hospitalization Expenses for Injury and Transportation of mortal remains following Rail Accident or untoward incident.
- The optional travel insurance will not be provided for the children below 5 years of age.
- In case of passenger opting for insurance, the claim/liability shall be between insured and the Insurance Company.
- In case of short termination of trains due to any reason, if the passenger opts for the alternate mode of transportation arranged by Indian railway up to the destination station, then this part of the journey of the passenger shall also be covered under the policy taken by the passenger.
- In case of diversion of train due to any reason, the coverage shall be for the diverted route.
- In case of vikalp train, the policy obtained by the passenger for covering this journey in the original train shall be valid in the vikalp train also.
- Once the premium is paid by the passengers no cancellations is allowed.
- Accordingly, no refund of premium will be made in all cases including waitlisted ticket.
- The coverage for Hospitalization Expenses for Injury is over and above the death/permanent total disability/partial disability
Claims Procedure & Documentation
- The Insured or his nominee or legal heir shall tender to the Insurance Company all reasonable information, assistance and proofs in connection with any claim hereunder.
- The Insured or his nominee or legal heir shall deliver to the nearest office of the Insurance Company, not later than 4 months from the date of occurrence of the Insured Event, a detailed statement in writing as per the claim form and any other material particular, relevant to the making of such claim.
- Proof in accordance with the policy details shall be furnished to the Insurance Company in connection with all matters upon which a claim is based.
Documentation required for Insurance Claim
Please check the page number 11-12 in link below for this
Insurance Policy Details in Brief
Name of Insurance Companies
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is in partnership with the below mentioned 3 Insurance Companies that will provide the Insurance cover to the passengers.
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited,
- Shriram General Insurance Company and
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited.
Nominee Details to be filled here
If you face any issue you can always tweet directly to IRCTC twitter handle
Please watch the complete video for proper understanding. If you like my video please make me happy by sharing it on social media and subscribing my YouTube channel